We believe young people are change agents for a society that is increasingly environmentally responsible and sustainable like no other.
By empowering youth with leadership roles and skills to take action towards environmental conservation, behavioural change happens in ways welcomed by adults at schools, in homes, and throughout communities.
Change becomes memorable and sustainable through this youth engagement as a key step towards a sustainable planet, and healthy economies and communities.
Since 2003, through school district commitments, school-wide projects have been delivered by student teams to change behaviour, increase wellbeing and establish a sustainability culture. Communities positively impacted include:
- 38 school districts
- 580 schools
- 2,500 volunteers and community partners
- 3,000 teachers
- 200,000 elementary and secondary students
We envision a world where individuals consider the impact of their actions on the environment and society as much as the price tag. We see a future where Canadians are world leaders in ethical and environmentally responsible and sustainable choices.
We also value... Our Goals are...
- Producing tangible, measurable results
- Long-term relationships
- Preserving the environment
- Human health
- Being the change we want to create
- Being positive and having fun
- To develop effective strategies for the management of energy, water and waste demand.
- To foster sustainable communities by providing adults and youth with programs, skills, tools and education to deliver measurable savings and reduced environmental impact.